Wednesday, October 22, 2008

new world

I rehearsed with Serotonia last night. Once again, a technical difficulty presented itself for our perusal. Last time, it was the drum machine (hereafter in this blog to be known as “Bossy”) that ran out of battery power. We made do with Dave on actual drums while he wasn’t singing, which actually worked out very well, and gave a different feel to the session. Last night the tech problem was my old Line 6 digital amp making squealing sounds whenever I turned it on. I had to use my little Marshall practice amp, which gave me a choice of clean or distorted along with reverb or not. That was it, no stranger flangers and rotary speaker simulators or delays or whatnot. It was refreshing to just concentrate on playing, though I did miss the sound of twirling in place underwater that I sometimes get. Each session is a new world. -marcsonic

No comments: